Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Naughty November

The only thing to do when it is windy, dark and raining is to stay in bed and eat cake.....


Missing the sun/Big Dog in her usual position/Exhausted from moving flats/CAKE!

This month I have been mostly:-

Singing in French 
Eating tapas
Moving boxes across London
Travelling on trains
Doing a shoulder stand (very ungracefully)
Listening to Radio 4
Watching James Bond at the pictures
Stacking logs (nice.....)

We've had three concerts this month!  With another three before Christmas, phew.

We sang with the Flanders Orchestra in the Anvil, Basingstoke (nice acoustics) and and in the Cadogan Hall, Sloane Square (posh).


Waiting to rehearse in the Anvil

A coach load of singers broke down on the motorway (a familiar event lately) en route to the Cadogan Hall.  They turned up in the end so I didn't have to do a solo.


Only a handful of chorus members in the Cadogan Hall - no pressure

I had a jolly in Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol with my sister.


This sewing shop was drool making but just reinforced my inferiority complex around needlework.

I loved The Grupo Lounge where we had lunch - right up my street.  The tapas was delicious. 


The Grupo Lounge



Thanks for the photos Sis


Happy Bungalow Girl


It is muchos muddy in the village.  Especially down our farm yard end.  I look like a lollipop lady most of the time as I sport my stylish fluorescent tabard to stop drivers running me over at night!  It is a constant battle with dog towels, muddy cat paw prints everywhere and trying to get in the car for work without getting any mud on yer tights!



This is Phil, who likes to sit on our fence and torment the cat

If I can't be outside - I bake.

Bungalow bake off - 


My coffee and walnut cake


vs. Sarah's milk loaf

I won this time!  Partly due to Sarah's soggy bottom.  Better luck next time.....


Grey


and more grey - roll on Summer!!




I always read a classic on the run up to Christmas.  This year it is 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall'. There's nothing like a dark, spooky book at this time of year - in front of the log burner with a cuppa and a bowl of home made apple crumble and custard......naughty.

'With such reflections as these, I was endeavouring to console myself, as I plodded home from the fields, one cold, damp, cloudy evening towards the close of October.  But the gleam of a bright red fire through the parlour window, had more effect in cheering my spirits, and rebuking my thankless repinings, than all the sage reflections and good resolutions I had forced my mind to frame....'

- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte

My Christmas cassettes are once more in the glove box of my 16 year old Daewoo Lanos ('A Country Christmas' and 'Christmas with Nat King Cole and Dean Martin').  I know how to live........



No comments:

Post a Comment